Article: The O-Weft Extensions
The O-Weft Extensions
Congratulations on the purchase of your weft extensions. Properly caring for your extensions can help ensure they last longer and remain as luxuriously luscious and beautiful as the day you bought them! Please follow our caring instructions so that they stay looking their best. Read on learn more about why proper maintenance is essential and what steps you should take to maintain their beauty!
THE MOST IMPORTANT DO'S AND DONT'S
DO NOT USE ANY PRODUCT that contains the corrosive chemical ingredient bis-3-aminopropylamine on these weft extensions as it could damage the band at the top of the weft which will result in the weft shedding prematurely.
DO NOT LEAVE THE BASE OF YOUR WEFT WET the glue at the band of the O-weft will swell and expande causing the glue to lift and this will cause shedding. No type of extension should ever be left weft and should always be dried to 100% after washing, swimming and sweating.
DO USE PRODUCTS that are hydrating and high in moisture, hair extensions do not have access the vital moisturising oils that are produced from your scalp and need extra moisture and conditioning to stay soft and healthy.
CHOOSE THE RIGHT HAIR CARE
To keep your hair extensions looking their best and nourished, use a shampoo formulated without parabens or sulphates. This can help ensure that you don't strip the vital moisture from them with unnecessary cleansing.
We recommend that you wash your hair with a gentle sulfate deep cleansing shampoo every two weeks to remove product build and mineral buildup. Weekly conditioning masks are essential to leave your locks feeling soft and hydrated.
OUR TOP CARING TIPS
- Excessive washing and styling will damage the cuticle and decrease the lifespan of the hair, we recommend that you wash your hair 1-2 times per week and use dry shampoo in between washes.
- Always brush your hair properly before washing. Start by separating the rows and brushing from the tips of your strands, successively working your way up the length and towards the root. By following this simple step, you'll ensure that your locks are tangle free and ready to be washed thoroughly.
- Use caution when swimming - always tie your hair in a high bun before swimming to avoid getting your hair wet – If you are going to get your hair wet first apply a hair mask before swimming to add an extra layer of protection.
- Avoid salt and chlorine water – it can discolour your hair and leave your hair dry.
- UV exposure and Heat Styling can discolour your hair extensions.
Using excessive heat on hair extensions will reduce the lifespan and damage your hair, you should always use a thermal heat protector and ensure that the heat protector is completely dry before using a heat tool like a curing or straightening tool.
Your hair extensions are attached to your own hair and incorrect brushing can result in damaging your own hair. Always brush your extensions with a bristle brush and hold the top of your weft track while brushing from the bottom to the top. Make sure that you DON'T brush over your weft track but just underneath the stitching.
Braid your hair or tie in a bun before sleeping to avoid tangling, it is also a good idea to invest in a high quality silk or satin pillow case.