DO NOT WASH YOU HAIR FOR 48 HOURS FOLLOWING THE INSTALLATION OF YOUR TAPE IN EXTENSIONS, THIS WILL HELP THE GLUE ON THE TAPE BOND TO YOUR HAIR PROPERLY.
Your 100% human hair extensions, should be cared for as well if not better than your own hair.
You must always use proper products to care for your hair extensions. Haircare must be paraben and sulphate free in order to avoid stripping the hair of nourishment. A hair mask is required weekly to keep the hair hydrated and revitalized. Use a combination of both protein and moisture professional products on your hair extensions.
DO NOT APPLY CONDITIONER TO YOUR ROOTS OR THE TAPE, THIS MAY CAUSE SLIPPING.
Golden rule - wash your scalp and not your hair & condition your hair and not your scalp.
- Excessive washing and styling will damage the cuticle and decrease the lifespan of the hair, we recommend that
you wash your hair 2-3 times per week and use dry shampoo in between washes.
- Always brush your hair properly before washing.
- Use caution when swimming - always tie your hair in a bun before swimming to avoid matting.
- Apply a hair mask before to add an extra layer of protection.
- Avoid salt and chlorine water – it can discolour your hair and leave your hair dry.
- UV exposure and Heat Styling can discolour your hair extensions.
Heat: Using excessive heat on hair extensions will reduce the lifespan and damage your hair, you should always use a thermal heat protector spray and ensure that the heat protector is completely dry before applying heat to your hair extensions.
Brushing: Your hair extensions are attached to your own hair and incorrect brushing will result in damaging your own hair. Always brush your extensions with a bristle brush and hold the top of your head while brushing from the bottom to the top.
Sleeping: Braid your hair or tie in a bun before sleeping to avoid tangling, it is also a good idea to invest in a high quality silk or satin pillow case.